Saturday, August 22, 2015

Are you single? Taken? Hungry?



It's been a while. 

Here's the thing: we all have that one person that we'll always have feelings for and we all have that one person we have feelings for, but can't get up the courage to tell. My person is one in the same. 

Sometimes, I'm so transparent I think, "there's no way you can't see me," but there are other times where I'm vague as fuck on purpose. Either way, I'm always there. 

Why do we constantly believe that everyone is too good for us? Or that we could never be worthy of such w person?  In our minds, once we catch feelings, we place them on this pedestal and no one else compares. But why? Why must we set these incredibly hard to meet expectations on/for ourselves when it comes to others? Especially when we feel something other than friendship for them?

This is my predicament. This is my problem. I want so much, yet I'm so afraid to say anything. It is the most difficult thing to deal with because half of me wants to blurt it out and the other half worries about the most unimportant things. 

Lately though, I've been feeling the need to say something, anything. The smallest thing because I feel like maybe it's reciprocated? Maybe this isn't as one sided and as unrequited as I once thought?

To you I say: you know who you are and even if you don't, if you took a second to just think about it...well...

I think you'll know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment