Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Music is Essential.




If you're a music head like me, then I know you're practically looking for new music every second of every day. No? Okay, well then, maybe it is just me. Be that as it may, I am constantly in a state of "ears open" because there are so many new and old bands out there that I have yet to discover! 


Are you with me?


So, here we go. I'm going to compile a list of songs and videos for you to check out. Now, I will warn you, this post is SO INDIE IT HURTS, but the music is so incredible that I couldn't pass it up. Each week, I find myself searching this single part of YT and discovering new music from all parts of the world. It's what most seem to be calling "the best part of youtube." I can't say that I disagree.


First, "Crave You" by Flight Facilities (Adventure Club Remix): There is something about this song, from the beat to the repetitive lyrics that just draw me in. Every time it plays, I repeat it. Twice. "I walked into the room dripping in gold.


Follow them at: @FlightFac



Up Next: "You're Too Cool" by The Zolas: I don't know much about them, but I do know that I love this song. From the first line, "Love don't live at home, oh no, it slithers in the wild," the unkempt beat makes me want to dance. And we won't even talk about when the entire beat slows down... It's something like magic. 

Follow them at: @TheZolas



Third: "Someone Loves You" by Pants Yell!: This band, though I've just learned is no longer together, puts me in the mind of Weezer during the "Buddy Holly" days. I envision sitting on a grassy hill with a couple friends, summer sun beating down on us, and smiling like there is no tomorrow. "Yes, it's true, someone loves you."


Fourth: "I Won't Break Your Heart" by The Young Friends: This is another song that has me constantly pressing the repeat button after its ended. I have this idea... I want to turn this song up as loud as I can, slip on a sundress, hair wild and barefoot, and I want to dance like no one is watching. "You know how we get down. Bring your friends and come on down." Another one for the summer months to come.


Fifth: "Youth" by Sunburns. It's another one of those feelgood summer anthems. You know, if you're into that sort of thing. It reminds me of that feeling, you know, when you're just starting to fall for someone and....well, you know that feeling. Dance. Dance. Dance. Even now, I'm tapping my foot and nodding along. It's just that good. "Control your heartbeat, never think it's a waste."


And last, but certainly NOT least: "Turn Me On" by The Grates. Ah, this song. Well, the title certainly speaks for itself, but I don't think it's quite what you're thinking. Though, it might be. Yet another song that makes me want to dance from the drum intro to the last note. This goes with my explanation of Youth, but a little farther into the falling process. "Wrap yourself around me. Do it, just define me. Do it to ignite me." I won't say any more. Just listen. And fall in love.

Follow them at: @thegrates



Six of my most favorites for the moment. I could have easily gone on forever, but I think six is a good number. Everyone should always carry a song in their heart. Hope you enjoyed and I'm sure I'll be posting more music soon.


"Lyrics speak when words fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment