Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Magick Exists: A Simple Thank You





What is You, Me, & Charlie?


Well, I'll give you the answer I've given everyone. It is you, me, and the connecting space between us. But I assure you, it is so much more than that. It is a place that offers inspiration. A place that spreads love, hope, and encourages one to dream. It encourages us to be ourselves and to be proud of who we are and who we've become. Embrace the oddities and say, "Hey! I'm weird and I LIKE it!" Here, you can find words of wisdom, incredible music and travel the world through your computer screen. Honestly, I like to call it the equivalent of Never land; Magickal.


When Dianna Agron announced the idea of what YM&C was, I was ecstatic. Because there is nothing more important to me, in this world, than art. Well, besides family and friends, but I think that's a given. 


Art, in all forms, is my second love. I am a musician. I am a writer. So to me, this site is everything I could have ever wanted in a web page. I find such inspiration through the words of others. Writing, in itself, is a difficult task, and sometimes you need that extra push; you need the words and beliefs (in the sense of support) of others to remind yourself why it is that you do what you do. And sometimes, you need to be reminded that this life is YOURS and you should do with it what you dream. 


I think, when you're an adult, dreams sort of get away from you. You're so worried about bills and money and this and that, that you actually set your dreams aside and become so stressed out that you can't figure which way is up. YM&C is a reminder that, no matter your age or your position, you should ALWAYS dream. And not only dream, but go for it. This place, these women (and men), have become a constant in our lives. They've become just as important as our families and our friends. 


I asked a few of my Charlie's to describe what YM&C meant to them:


"I am frequently asked why I have 9 3/4 tattooed on me, and my answer is always the same.. 9 3/4 represents a gateway to another (unfortunately fictional) world entirely. That number acts as the reminder that all it takes is something small to lead you to something you never knew existed. You, Me, & Charlie is 9 3/4, only ten fold and in reality. The description on the website starts off saying YM&C is a playground of sorts, yet that barely touches the beginning of what it really is. While I believe words alone cannot convey what YM&C really is (partially because it is different for everyone, and Charlie is much more than just words), they are a good place to start. To me, YM&C acts as a gateway to the known which is, and has been, in front of my eyes all this time. It is a place to get lost in, a place to play, a place of inspiration, a place to discover new things and a place to remind me to look at the world with my eyes open, because there are so many things waiting to be seen." - via Susana (@SRaquelBerry)


"When I go to You, Me, & Charlie, I can see myself actually finding hope for the future. I see myself believing in the future. It means acceptance. I am different than other people but that is okay as long as I am me. It means happiness. Nothing makes me happier than the daily email and visiting the site. You, Me & Charlie means creativity. When my creative outlets feel strapped, I go to YM&C to find inspiration. It is full of artists of all kinds that inspire me to believe in my own art. You, Me and Charlie means everything. It has helped me believe in myself and see the goodness in others. It has shown us that kindness can make you a new friend or just reward you with a smile. You, Me & Charlie is reaching people of different cultures, religions, races and showing them we all have something in common. It has taught me to live every moment, love every moment, experience every moment. It is where dreams are discovered. Dreams are made. It takes my beliefs in fantasy and lets them soar high. It gives creativity its wings. It lets me believe that magick exists." - via Mallory (@MalloryRP)


Throughout life, I believe that we experience the same things in different contexts with the hopes of learning something new, and in that sense we never cease to learn. Oftentimes, we may forget to keep an open mind, we may find ourselves off the track, if you will, simply because things have become overwhelming, and we may lose touch with the Charlie inside. Now, we find ourselves off the track, experiencing things on an adventure because of Charlie. Charlie inspires each and every person who believes, on a regular basis - to get outside and to live life to the fullest. YM&C, being composed of an amazing team, deserves recognition of everything they have done. While I do not know any of you personally, the connection I have with Charlie (thanks to the creator, team, and contributors alike) is something unforgettable. A place to SHARE these experiences, what they mean to us and what we have learned, with others. Thank you for such a brilliant playground that us Charlies can call a home.


So I say to you, Team Charlie:


Thank you for being such a positive inspiration for all of us. For showing us that our dreams are worth fighting for. I don't know if you truly understand what you've done (and continue to do) for all of us. We're better, because of you. We stand taller, we smile wider and we see everything with brand new eyes. We LOVE, not because you tell us to, but because we have a constant reminder that it's okay to let your guard down. It's okay to be disappointed, sometimes, so long as we don't let it overtake us. We've learned to accept ourselves as well as others, to embrace fear, and to experience every moment. We know, because of you, that our dreams are possible and going for them is just as important as having them. I think it's safe to say that, from us to you, We Love YOU, Charlie. You have each become such a stable in our lives and we are forever grateful for and inspired by you. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a good article about this fabulous website <3

    ReplyDelete