Friday, August 29, 2014

Instant Gratification


I find myself wanting a lot of things, lately. All these thoughts. Hmm. 

Not knowing where to begin or which way is up. It's highly irritating to a point, but I also know that I need to be patient. Whatever I'm silently searching for will show itself in due time. 

Patience. The one thing I'm severely lacking. I love instant gratification. But then again, don't we all? Isn't it normal to want immediate results in every part of your life? For every single thing?

You meet someone. You hit it off. You want the whole shebang. Or you start a new job and you like it so much that you want to literally run up the ladder? 

Instant gratification. 

It's what we all expect, yet we've all learned, probably more than once, that life doesn't seem to work that way. Patience is key, is it not? The waiting game is real

And it's hard to grasp because we always want. We want to travel, we want to fall in love, we want to move away and begin anew. We simply want. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is: patience is such a hard thing to learn and I think that, at times, I forget that patience is key. 

So, I'm waiting. I'm waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment