Saturday, June 14, 2014

These Worn Pages Hold a Key


I am an avid reader. Lover of all things literature. And I am not picky.

I do not have a favorite genre, though I will say that fairy tales are pretty much at the top, but I think that is completely understandable. I mean, who doesn't love a great fairy tale? Who doesn't love the feeling of losing yourself in an imaginary land of witches, fairies, and magic? Rooting for the good guy, the hero, the prince/Princess? Or, in my case at times, the evil queen. And walking away with a sense of the same invincibility you possessed as a child?

I get that feeling from a lot of the books I read, but honestly, I just love the emotional journey a writer can take me on. I love feeling so invested in a book that I forget about reality, even if only for a moment.

As a writer, I draw inspiration from others' works. I love to see the way your mind can take over; creating a world that can be envisioned by the simple task of reading.

And I love being taken on a journey.

Right now, I have a few books that I am reading at the same time. (It's odd, I know) I pick up one, read a few chapters and then, I'll pick up another and do the same. Don't ask me why.

  • "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green. (Again) Emotional, but completely worth the read.
  • "Notes of a Dirty Old Man" by Charles Bukowski. Honestly, I will read anything by this man.
  • "Keeping You a Secret" by Julie Anne Peters. I've read this before, but I always seem to go back to it. A very captivating story about a girl discovering her sexual identity.  "She sauntered away, but not before I caught a glimpse of her T-shirt. It said: IMRU?"
  • "Caught" by Harlan Coben. I can tell you that the first few pages were NOT what I was expecting at all.
I believe that in every book, there is a key to be found. So, pick up a book, get lost in the pages and find the key!

What are YOU reading? What are some of your favorite reads? Feel free to give me some recs. I love 'em. Always looking for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment