Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trouvere: This Is Our Song



Trouvere is back and This Is Our Song.


Almost three months to the day, Trouvere hit the ground running with the five-track record, “La La Love” and now they're back with “This Is Our Song.”


From track one to track five, they’ve managed to, once again, remind us the feeling of love and it is so refreshing. Both Shell and Greg’s voices blend so well together, it feels as though you were a part of the process. It truly feels like our song.


Unlike the first release, the last three tracks of “This Is Our Song” are beautifully made ballads and they will definitely send you on a ride. Trouvere has definitely become a master at making you feel.


With “La La Love,” it was about the music for me. With this new record, it is all about the lyrics.


The title track to the record, “This Is Our Song,” is one of those songs that you’d picture yourself singing along to live at a concert. It is melodic, it’s motivational and it reminds you that love is ever present. “Love is moving all around us.” I hope to one day hear this song as the title track to a movie. It is that  good. And I have to say,  I love Greg’s voice on the lead. He sounds SO good.


So I’ll Let You Go” - Slow. Ballad. Moving. All of these individual words pop up when I listen to this song. It is so moving, so haunting and so very, very beautiful. Honestly, the first time I listened to it, I teared up. The song tells a story of a love lost; a love that had no choice but to be set free. I’m sure a lot of us, if not all, can relate to that feeling. When a song makes your soul awaken, a description such as good will not suffice. Phenomenal. I’d call this song phenomenal.


You know when you’re falling for someone and you’re not quite sure if they know? When you’re stuck in limbo and you’re not sure whether or not to ask them? “Do You Feel It Too” is that moment. This song is so pure and it encompasses everything that possible moment could be, every question you’d have, every smile. A perfect moment. That’s what this song is. It is that moment of perfection. Though most tend to look for the upbeat in the summer, I think this ballad is a perfect song for the upcoming season. If you want a ballad for the summer, this is the song for you. 


All in all, If I were to rate this record in stars, I’d give it five out of five. To Trouvere, to Greg and Shell, brava. You two are a breath of fresh air to the music industry. Thank you for making such beautiful music and thank you for reminding us that "love is all around us!"

You can download the album on the main page of their website so be sure to support Trouvere and follow them on twitter. And join the mailing list! I promise, you won't be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment