Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's Me, Music.


Oh, I'm back again and with some new and very, very good indie music! I'm always scouting new music, new bands and falling in love with music. It's just kind of what I do. These past few months, I've come to find so much GREAT music that I just had to share it with you! Summer's rounding on us and I know that, for me, that means all kinds of new music to let my hair down to, so to speak. So, roll your windows down, turn up the volume and enjoy!

First up: True Apothecary. I literally just found out about these guys today and I fell in love. No, not like I'm in love for the moment...More like, I'm in love for the rest of my life. Very few bands get that kind of love from me. I was searching YT, looking for a video to post and I found this: a cover of "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye. Now, I usually don't like covers of this song, but the way they made it completely their own is... God, it's BEAUTIFUL. Check it out. And if you wanna hear more, check them out at:

@true_apothecary and you can listen to them here: trueapothecary.bandcamp.com :)


"Grizzly Adams" by Breakfast. I mean, what can I really say about this song? It is so good. I sing it every day. (Well, I try. It doesn't work out too well) If I could quote this entire song right now, I would. Lyrically, musically, this song captivates. And we know how I feel about being captivated. "Back to where it all started on those autumn evenings. Back against the wall; here because we love the feeling..."
Website: We Are Breakfast  & Twitter: @wearebreakfast




"Girlfriend" by Streets of Laredo. This song is so upbeat, you have to dance when you hear it! The lyrics are so catchy and it literally just makes you want to dance. (Fact: I'm dancing as I'm writing this) "Where I'm from, it's summer when it's raining. I'm so used to everyone complaining.." You can't help but love this song. Whoo Whoo!

Website: Streets of Laredo and Twitter: @streetslaredo



"Crystal Vases" by The Last Royals. Perfect. Everything about it. It tells a story about a man who ends up smoking a lot of cigarettes after his spouse has left him and how he dumps them in the crystal vase that was a wedding gift. I shit you not, this song is amazing. Let's not forget giving his ex's house keys to the maid. You have to take a listen.

Twitter: @thelastroyals and Website: The Last Royals




And last, but definitely not least, I had to throw this one in there. Saving the best for last. CLASSIC.
"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac. I had this song on repeat for a month straight. No lie. The entire Rumors album is legendary and it is one of my all-time favorites. "Dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat, drives you mad in the stillness of remembered what you had and what you lost..." Hands down, best lyrics. This song will ALWAYS be in my top five.

 

Hope you enjoy! I'll see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment