Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bring The Action: More Music





I'm one of those people who finds a song, falls in love with it instantly and plays it over and over and over again until I have every word memorized. Yes, I'm THAT person.

But music is so universal. 

Everyone can relate to a song, whether the memory or emotion is the same or different and that is what makes music so special. It's a language that everyone can understand.

I'm more partial to Indie than I am to Top 40, but it doesn't mean that I don't like Top 40. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm an avid Britney Spears fan. I've come to LOVE Taylor Swift. There's just something about discovering a band that no one has really heard of. (This usually consists of me getting lost in that beautiful part of YouTube...I think they refer to it as Narnia,)

Does that make me a hipster? 

Either way, music is a way to communicate with thousands through lyrics and riffs and bars and hooks. It's poetry set to music and it is a beautiful thing! Now that I've got your attention, I'm gonna share some music with you and I hope that you like it! :)

"Triple Threat" by Missy Elliott: I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for her to make a comeback and now that she has, I can't stop playing her songs on repeat. I LOVE BASS. (I'm sure my neighbors feel a bit differently.) This song will beat the entire neighborhood down. Turn it up and welcome her back!


"I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift: You know, until RED, I was never really a Taylor Swift fan. BUT I can't seem to stop playing this entire album over and over and I will honestly say that I LOVE it. But this track is SO GOOD! I know I'm not the only one singing this song as loud as I can.


"Scream & Shout" by Will.I.Am ft. Britney Spears: Oh. OH. This song makes me want to dance. I don't just mean a slight sway of the hips, no. I mean all out, hands in the air, eyes closed, losing my inhibitions kind of dancing. Everything about this song is so perfect. BRING THE ACTION.


"Camera Talk" by Local Natives: I fell in love with this band about a year ago and this song has become one of my favorites. "It's alright, the camera is talkin'. Oh, and even though I can't be sure, memory tells me that these times are worth working for." It's such a good song and I love the lead's voice. Very reminiscent of The K.G.B. (If you don't know the K.G.B, you should definitely give them a listen!)

"All Hail, Goodtimes" by Play & Rewind: This song makes me so happy and just...Have you ever had one of those songs that literally makes you happy from the inside out? You can't help but to smile and recall all of the good things? This is that song for me. Play & Rewind is definitely a favorite of mine.


The last song on my list is one that I really, really, really hope you'll click through and listen to. It's probably my favorite song at the moment. (The video is no longer on YouTube)

"One & One" by Hudson. This song captivates me. His voice, the lyrics and everything else about it, is perfect. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. "I have no doubt this is where we're meant to be so take off your mask and get closer to me..."


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment