Friday, May 25, 2012

Let's Dance Like No One's Watching



I've always wanted to be a B-Girl. I've always wondered what it would feel like to be able to do all those amazing and, what looks to be, incredibly complicated moves. I used to be afraid to dance in public. Always worried about what others would think of what I was doing. But then I realized that...


Dancing is a form of self-expression. 

It doesn't really matter what kind of music it is, what kind of dance I end up doing... As long as the beat is good and I can feel it in my bones, I'm dancing.

I hear so many songs on a daily basis that make me want to dance. It doesn't matter where I am or who I'm with, I just get the feeling and I want to close my eyes and DANCE. 


Ever have that feeling? 


Well, since I'm such a music head, I figured I'd compile a list of my "Just Dance" songs and let you decide if you're game or not.


First up: "Time To Dance" by The Shoes. If I could, I'd personally thank Dianna Agron for this gem. If it weren't for her Tumblr post, I'd know nothing about this song. It has now become a constant on my playlist. 
- T-I-M-E-T-O-D-A-N-CE in the city -





I can't lie, I've got a little bad girl in me. Then again, I think we ALL do. That's why whenever I hear "S&M Remix" by Rihanna ft. Britney Spears, I kind of lose it. Come on, how can you NOT dance to this?





Latin fever. When I think of Latin dancing, I immediately think of Elvis Crespo. Partially because I learned to dance to his music. "Suavemente" is, by far, one of my favorite songs ever. Everyone has danced to this song (or a remix of it) at least ONCE and if you haven't, well, what are you waiting for?! 



Santigold. "Big Mouth." The bass in this song is so FIERCE. Not only do I immediately start dancing, but it's really fun to sing along to. "Bla bla bla against the wall..."




Keeping with the Femme Fatale theme... "Something Bigger, Something Better" by Amanda Blank. This song will forever be a great song to dance to. Yeah, the lyrics are kinda awesome, too. 




"I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo?" Yeah, I have a think for The Teriyaki Boyz. I dare you not to tap your foot, snap your fingers, or just flat out dance it out. :) 





There is absolutely NO WAY I can talk about music and dancing and not include the incredible Ms. Britney Spears. I don't mean as a FEATURE. Britney has been taking dance clubs by storm since before I could even GET into a club. Not to mention, that girl has so much sex appeal, she could sell it by the truck load and STILL be hot! I don't believe there's anyone in this world who can say they don't like to watch her dance. So, we're gonna do it til' the world ends.



And then, we're gonna Get Naked 'cause I got a plan. :)




It doesn't matter what you genre of choice is. Don't worry about what other people are thinking or doing. So what if people are watching? Let'em. Don't be afraid to let it go, dance it out. Sometimes, it's the best way to deal. Turn the music up, feel the music, and let it take over.


Dance Like No One's Watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment