Thursday, August 9, 2012

No Music; No Life.




Music posts seem to be the one's I look forward to the most. I think it's because I get to willingly share all of the amazing music that I listen to with you. :) 

So, it's well into summer here in Northern California and it is HOT. Immediately, beaches come to mind. Or getting lost somewhere in the hills where you're shaded by trees and feeling completely free. Not to mention the awesome road trips that take place on a whim just because you'd rather be out there in the world.

I'm not quite sure why, but music of the spring and summer has always been my favorite. I strongly believe that some of the best songs are put out for the summer months. No offense to winter and fall.

So, here we go. These are songs, both new and old, that I have on repeat on a daily basis. Hope you enjoy!

"Hit Me Down Sonny" by The Ting Tings. I dance around my house to this song. Or the store. Or the park. Wherever, really. I just dance. 


"Loveblood" by King Charles. Okay, I admit it, I'm a hopeless romantic and I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. This song makes me think of love in itself. Flowers and smiles. Oh, and accents :)



"Oh, Hi." by Now, Now. LOVE. Turn it up. Sing along. Trust me, it's fun. I'm very much a drum girl, but the guitar is what grabs me in this song.



"Puppy Love" by The Little Bear. This song is just so great. The melody is so happy and carefree, but the words are a complete contrast. "Took a while to figure it out. It wasn't love, we just fell down. And when I stand up, I hope you've gone with your puppy love." (Come on, we've all been there) 
And I dare you not to smile and dance. 
Do you accept the challenge?



"Female Robbery" by The Neighbourhood. I don't even know how I fell in love with this song, but I did. It's loud, but I love it. To a point where I play it two or three times in a row. "I think I found out that I have nothing. That I have nothing in this place for me."


"Hey, Please" by Orange and Lemons. This song makes me feel like I've hopped back into the past. The 60's, to be exact. I tap my foot and my head nods from side to side and I can't help but to feel happy. Again, flowers and smiles. And an incredible amount of LOVE.


"Is It Too Late To Apologize" by The Oh Wells. This song. This song is... amazing. If I quote it, I'll end up quoting the entire song.


"That's It That's All" by We Are The City. It's a little bit more on the rock side, but it's SO good. The voice of the lead singer makes you want to sway, but the guitar won't quite allow you to do so. It's edgy, it's raw and the lyrics are, once again, pretty amazing.


"Angels" by The xx. Talk about wanting to fall in love. 
"A light reflects from your shadow and it's more than I thought could exist. You move through the room like breathing was easy..."
I don't know how to NOT love when I hear this song. It makes me want to fall in love. First single off the upcoming album and I am completely at their mercy.


And last, but most certainly not least... Who would I be if I didn't include Correatown in my list of music?!

"Further" by Correatown is constantly on repeat for me.
 "We have a fascination with the darkness, although we're standing in the light." 
The lyrics alone are incredible and when you add the melody, it becomes so much MORE. It's hard for me to put into words why I love any Correatown song and this moment is no different.



I should stop there or this will get incredibly long. I hope you enjoy all the music and rest assured, I'll be back with more sooner than you can say, "treble clef." :)



2 comments:

  1. I fucking love your music posts, honestly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you! I honestly have way too much music to NOT share! This post was almost 20 videos long, but I stopped before I got ahead of myself.

      Delete