Thursday, July 5, 2012

Are You Still Captivated?






After listening to "Everything All At Once" by Correatown, a certain lyric immediately stuck with me and I make sure to ask myself this question often:


Are you still captivated?


Have you ever heard the saying don't get too comfortable? I know, I know. I'm asking a lot of questions, but they are for good reason, I assure you.


I try, almost every day, to mix things up. Whether it be the way I make my coffee or what I have for meals or the outfits that I wear, I do this because I never want to become comfortable. I never want to be so complacent in what I do and what I have that I fail to strive for more.


I know how easy it becomes to be happy with what you have when everything seems like it's going so well, but if you strive for more, you'll find more. You'll be introduced to new worlds, new ideas and a new level of happiness.


So I say to you: strive for more. Be better than you were yesterday and twice the person you were the day before. Always reach higher because the cloud in your sights is never the highest one in the sky. Never be afraid to learn more, never let your fear overpower your decision to take a step forward. Purposefully step outside of your box.


A perfect picture is a dull one. Color outside of the lines. 


Doubt less. Take chances. Mix it up. Be captivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment