Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Adventures, Friends, and the city that has my heart.


Los Angeles, you beautiful city you. I cannot, for the life of me, put into words the way that city captivates me. It makes me feel alive and free and… just… alive. I had the BEST time in a really long time with friends that I've known for a while, but had only just met that weekend. Who knew things would be so comfortable and fall so easily into place? It was wicked.




In the four short days, I laid eyes on and even dined with so many celebrities, it was like I was in my element. I was in the place I was supposed to be. I felt completely at home.


Paramount Studios is a certain kind of heaven in itself. So much history, so many memories created. To know that I was walking the lots where my favorite celebs had walked once, seeing them running around the backlots, and being in places that my favorite scenes had taken place… it was completely unreal.





The Ivy is…heaven. I can’t even explain to you the feeling. Their food is SO good and the atmosphere is amazing. Some people dressed up and some in street clothes; the waiters (who were all male, btw) were incredibly nice and it was just… I want to go back. Sometime around now…



Let us not forget about The Grove. In my opinion, it is one of the most popular places in Los Angeles. At any given time, there is no telling who you just might run into. (Trust me on this, I've seen quite a few well-known faces shopping and wandering about). If ever you find yourself at The Grove, check out Marmalade Cafe. The food is great, the drinks are just as good and the waitresses are friendly. Every time I'm in L.A., I never fail to stop by at least once.







Being in the hills and on Rodeo, hanging at Venice Beach and roaming the streets of LA, it felt like I belonged where I was. The only thing missing was the fact that I didn’t stop to write in a roadside coffee shop…




And, of course, the entire reason I was in Los Angeles to begin with was for the Grey's Anatomy Benefit for The Actor's Fund. (See, I don't just go on vacation for no reason haha). The event itself was beyond anything you could possibly imagine. Being a great fan of the show and a huge supporter of the Arts, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment





So much more happened, but I don’t want to go on FOREVER about it. Live life; see everything with new eyes and most importantly, enjoy every moment of it. I definitely left my heart in Los Angeles and I plan on going back sooner than later.


Adventures are FUN!

1 comment: